Thursday, April 3, 2014

Day 26: Glass Bottles

DAY 26: GLASS BOTTLES



Today I gathered up all the bottles I've kept over the years. 

I like bottles; like mirrors, they all have a story. Someone shaped that bottle, someome filled it.  Someone drank from it.  I see a bottle on the side of the road, or deep in the woods, and I wonder how it got there.

 I've kept some bottles for their shape, or their color (the deep blue ones are my favorite), or for their story (from a place I visited, or a beverage that was given to me by a special person).  I think I'm going to take them up to the cabin, and make a bottle tree; I understand that's good luck.

You have taken account of my wanderings; put my tears in your bottle.  Are they not in your book?
                                                                                                          - Psalm 56:8


No comments:

Post a Comment