Monday, April 14, 2014

Day 37: Lost and Found

DAY 37: LOST AND FOUND


In the sacristy, there's a plastic tub that functions as a "Lost and Found."  Well, lost...found...but not claimed.  I cleaned it out today, threw some away, and set aside the rest for OASIS.

Who hasn't been lost at some point in life?  Who hasn't lost something, or someone?  Everyone can identify with the frustration, fear, and lonliness that come with being lost.  Which means that everyone can also identify with being found, or finding what is lost.  What a wonderful thing it is to finally see the familiar landmark, or see those keys poking out from under the newspaper!

What a wonderful feeling that God never stops looking for me.  Maybe all I need to do is stop and listen for God's call, so that God can embrace me and celebrate my return.

Or what woman having ten coins and losing one would not light a lamp and sweep the house, searching carefully until she finds it?  And when she does find it, she calls together her friends and neighbors and says to them, "Rejoice with me because I have found the coin that I lost."  In just the same way, I tell you, there will be rejoicing among the angels of God over one sinner who repents.
                                                                                                                        - Luke 15: 8-10 

No comments:

Post a Comment