Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 30: A Box of Blankets

DAY 30: A BOX OF BLANKETS


I'm taking these blankets, that have been in a box in the attic, up to my cabin in the mountains, where a blanket is always a good thing.  The top comforter was made by my oldest sister, Judy, when I was in college.  It's my school colors (go Ravens).  I don't think it's accidental that they are called comforters.  There's something about a snuggling up under a pile of blankets that gives me a real sense of being safe.  It's kind of like laying in God's bed (I'm sure God has at least 800 thread count sheets).

You will be like the person in the proverb, who tries to sleep in a bed too short to stretch out on, with a blanket too narrow to wrap up in.
                                                                                     - Isaiah 28: 20


No comments:

Post a Comment