Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day 24: Leather

DAY 24: LEATHER



Every day of 40 Boxes for 40 Days, I think it will get harder to find stuff.  Not so far.  Today, I opened a small closet at the base of the stairs, and filled a box in a few minutes.  One of the items -- a pair of leather pants -- was a Christmas gift, from when I was pretty serious about my motorcycle.  They fit me at one time; a characteristic of leather, though, is that it is unforgiving.  Once you get too big for your britches, there's no squeezing back in.  The pants tell you to move on to something new.

Nor does anyone pour new wine into used wineskins, because the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the skins will be ruined.  Instead, new wine must be poured into fresh wineskins.
                                                                                                             - Mark 2:22

No comments:

Post a Comment