Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 23: Youth

DAY 23: YOUTH

 

No, I'm not throwing away my youth (that ship has sailed).  I'm throwing out a bunch of old binders and videos that are outdated.  These all have to do with youth ministry.  One of my favorite quotes about youth comes from a Toby Keith song: "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."

I'm always impressed by the joy of young people, especially these days when they are so over-scheduled and expectations are so high.  I pray that they have lots of opportunities to genuinely enjoy the opportunities of their youth.

Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example for the believers in your speech, your conduct, your love, faith, and purity.
                                                                                            - 1 Timothy 4:12





No comments:

Post a Comment