Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 12: My Training Manuals

DAY 12: MY TRAINING MANUALS



If you've been reading this blog, you know that on Day 2, I mentioned that I worked for several years as a Regional Training Manager for Radisson Hotels and Resorts.  Much of my time was spent working with hotel managers, discussing how to effectively hire, train, and manage employees.  Radisson, along with many Fortune 500 companies, has done a lot of work with the Gallup organization, a leader in the Strengths and Engagement movement.  I learned a lot in this job about the errors all of us make in starting with what's wrong with someone, and trying to fix it, rather than starting with the unique talents of an individual, and helping them to build on those talents.  What a lesson for us in Church.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if Church could help us do what we do best?

I praise you, because I am fearfully, wonderfully made; wonderful are your works!
                                                                                                                           - Psalm 139:14


   

No comments:

Post a Comment