Saturday, March 15, 2014

DAY 7: A WHOLE DRAWER OF USELESS PAPERS

DAY 7: A WHOLE DRAWER OF USELESS PAPERS






I'm beginning to notice a theme as I journal about the 40 boxes of stuff that's going out of my life during Lent: Why did I keep all this stuff in the first place?  This full box came out of one drawer in my bedroom.  A lot of it is old tax and financial records, but are so old they have no use.  Like much of the stuff that I'm getting rid of, I literally haven't touched it in years.  Now, I have one more empty drawer.

That's what fasting is all about: letting go of something in your life to make room for God.

God does not want us to be in disorder, but in harmony and peace...Everything must be done in a proper and orderly way.
                                                                       - I Corinthians 14:33, 40

No comments:

Post a Comment