Sunday, March 23, 2014

Day 15: A Trophy

DAY 15: A TROPHY




The trophy says :
"R.C.F.L. (Richmond Catholic Forensic League), 1975: Dramatic Interpretation: First Place."  I remember that I performed a scene from Archibald MacLeish's Scratch, a play based on The Devil and Daniel Webster.

One of the great gifts I received at St. John Vianney, the high school seminary I attended, was my involvement in speech and drama.  I gained a real confidence in public speaking, a talent which has stayed with me over the years.  That voice is better than any trophy.

Your speech should always be pleasant and interesting, and you should know how to give the right answer to everyone.
                                                                                                    - Colossians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment