Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 13: Calendars and Memories

DAY 13: CALENDARS AND MEMORIES



All the stuff in this box is over 30 years old, including a daily planner from 1988, when I was on staff at St. Joseph Church in Petersburg, VA.  My favorite entry, from Saturday, February 6:

"RCIA Discernment: bring wine."

Was it going to be a particularly rough discernment?
Was the wine for me, or the candidates?

Whatever the reason, I'm sure it went well.  Again, I wonder why I kept all this paper.  None of it triggered any significant memories, although I look back fondly on those years at St. Joseph.  Thanks for the memories.

But the Lord says, "Do not cling to events of the past or dwell on what happened long ago.  Watch for the new thing I am going to do."
                                                                                                              - Isaiah 43:18-19



No comments:

Post a Comment